Sunday, June 13, 2010


Movie #1


Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back




Fleeing the evil Galactic Empire, the rebels abandon their new base on Hoth. Princess Leia, Han Solo and the droids R2-D2 and C-3P0 escape in the damaged Millenium Falcon, but are later captured by Lord Darth Vader on Bespin. Skywalker, meanwhile, follows Ben Kenobi's posthumous command and receives Jedi training by Yoda on Dagobah. Will Skywalker manage to rescue his friends from the dark lord?

First, I would like to point out that this year is the 30th anniversary of this film. Now when it comes to Star Wars it's always difficult to pick out which one would come out as my favorite. Most of my movie statues are from Star Wars, I have Star Wars tattoo's, I live and breathe it, yes I know I'm a geek. I went with the Empire Strikes back for multipule reasons as being my favorite Star Wars film. First, it showed how evil can overcome good and still have good prevail at the end even after taking a beating. Second, this film introduced my favorite Star Wars character of all time, Boba Fett. I know that some of you may have thought Yoda, and you would have been close, but instead I picked a character that has a whole five lines of dialogue throughout every movie, yet the most interesting story of all the characters. I'm sure most of you have seen this movie, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I recommend that you put it back in to bring back good memories and perhaps learn some new things about the film, such as the story of Boba Fett. The Star Wars universe is vast and adventurous, and will be remembered for years and years to come.


Trailer for movie:

3 comments:

  1. I so remember when Star Wars first hit the big screen, I took my two oldest daughters and we ended up having to sit in the front role.I had to go back again the next day so I could sit futher back and actually enjoy the movie.Since then we have shared it with all our younger kids and grandkids but never will it feel the same as that first time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen only the first Star Wars, and it was so long ago. I know I am so far behind!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember going to this movie at the drive inn, I saw the first three and after than no more. What imagination those writers, director, and costume and makeup people had. Wonderful movie.

    ReplyDelete