Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Already halfway through the countdown, here we go with movie #5.



Movie #5




Saving Private Ryan



Saving Private Ryan comes in at #5 on my list.Opening with the Allied invasion of Normandy on 6 June 1944, members of the 2nd Ranger Battalion under Cpt. Miller fight ashore to secure a beachhead. Amidst the fighting, two brothers are killed in action. Earlier in New Guinea, a third brother is KIA. Their mother, Mrs. Ryan, is to receive all three of the grave telegrams on the same day. The United States Army Chief of Staff, George C. Marshall, is given an opportunity to alleviate some of her grief when he learns of a fourth brother, Private James Ryan, and decides to send out 8 men (Cpt. Miller and select members from 2nd Rangers) to find him and bring him back home to his mother.

I don't really know how to express my feelings for this movie. To put it simply, this is one of the most important film of our times. To see how our grandfathers fought for our country is more emotion than I can express in words. The first time I saw this movie I cried, and I'm pretty sure the whole theater did. The scenes that were shown were that of heart wrenching and heart warming. It will always be remembered by all who see it. If you havent seen it, go see it, now. That's about all I'm going to say out of respect.
Trailer for movie:

3 comments:

  1. I have seen this movie. It is an awesome movie, and Tom Hanks does a great job. My grand daddy fought in WWII.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandfather was a great man Prof. I full respect goes out to him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My father fought in WWII and I was so very proud of him. Back then service to country really meant somthing and he thought it was a privelige to serve.

    ReplyDelete