Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Welcome to my week 3 blog! A small step away from last weeks #9 movie, my #8 movie comes from the same director. So here we go, and I hope you enjoy!




Movie #8




Kingdom of Heaven



Kingdom of Heaven enter's my #8 spot. This wonderful film is another one directed by Ridley Scott. It is the time of the Crusades during the Middle Ages - the world shaping 200-year collision between Europe and the East. A blacksmith named Balian has lost his family and nearly his faith. The religious wars raging in the far-off Holy Land seem remote to him, yet he is pulled into that immense drama. Amid the pageantry and intrigues of medieval Jerusalem he falls in love, grows into a leader, and ultimately uses all his courage and skill to defend the city against staggering odds.

This made it to my #8 spot not only because of the epic battle scenes, but also because of the heart warming story that is underneath as well. To go from the depressing beginning of the movie and end up feeling happy and overly satisfied with the conclusion of the film. You almost feel like you can relate to some of the struggles Balian faces during the movie, whether it's his faith staggering, a moral question of whether or not to fight, or even whether or not to love the woman that is out of reach. I garauntee you that by the end of the movie you will be touched in a way that few other movies can touch you. I hope that you enjoy this film as much as I did. Oh, and one more thing, get the director's cut version if at all possible, it's about an hour longer but fills in a little bit more of the backstory than the regular version.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Todd. Congratulations on your engagement.
    I'm still very new at this "blogging" concept !
    I'm on Facebook, but it's different than this. Hopefully, I'll catch on before the end of the semester. LOL
    Denise Nagy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two movies now that I want to see.
    Thank you for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the kind comment Prof. I'm glad that my movie suggestions have actually made someone want to go out and watch them. When you do I hope you are touched as much as I have been by them.

    ReplyDelete